For conceptual massing, the user have to choose Metric Mass from the available family template. In fact there is only one choice.
1. Once conceptual massing is initiated, you will see 3 reference planes. 2 are vertical planes and 1 horizontal plane. To set the horizontal plane as the current work plane, one has to first pick and highlighted the horizontal plane to set it to be the current work plane.
3. Pick on the shape and highlighted it. Pick on Create Form >Form to extrude it into solid shape.
4. Pick the blue arrow to drag to appropriate height.
5. Highlight the top face and rotate it. As you rotate the top face you will also twist the cylinder.
6. Highlight the element face and pick Xray to display the form in Xray form.
7. With the face still highlighted, pick Add Profile.
8. You may change the added profile by dragging the orange arrow. You will see the form is now becoming more interesting.
9. You may further change the form by highlighting the axis point and drag.
10. The elevation of the resulting form